Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Google getting off task?

After hearing about Google's library project, David Coursey at eWeek says that Google is losing its focus.
    My Google searches today are significantly less useful than the searches I made just a year ago. This is partially a reflection of the ever-increasing size of Google's collection, but it also shows how information providers have learned to spoof Google's robotic system.

    I'd rather see Google concentrate on getting search right than trumpet how much is being added to its sea of information.

    The company's first task should be throwing us a line, not building a bigger ocean.
Help me find focus in a flood of information. Help me find order in chaos. Help me find what I need.

That is the opportunity and the challenge.

[via Search Engine Watch Blog]

No comments: